– Ben’s a better scorer than I thought he would be. I think Philadelphia’s got Carson Wentz and Ben Simmons. They got, like, 10 years of special. He is a better scorer in the NBA than I thought he would be.
– Well, remember, he was a good scorer in college. He averaged 19 in college. He can’t shoot– now he cannot shoot outside. But if you watch his form, it’s not bad. Like, it’s not like Markelle Fultz at the free-throw line. Ben Simmons, when he shoots his jumpers, they look good. They just don’t go in. And I mean, even when he’s in the gym by himself.
So I think that is fixable, but like you said, he’s got everything else. And that’s one reason we talked about, I think he’s more like Magic Johnson than Ball is, because he can’t score. Magic couldn’t shoot either, yet he developed a little set shot.
– But there’s something to be said about length and size. Magic and Ben are 6′ 9 and 1/2″. Play the point. I mean, Ben’s not a point, but on this team, he ends up with a ball like a point.
– And I tell you what, I think he should be their– he’s just the point guard. Make him the point guard. That has everybody in their roles. The roles will be better defined. Look, I don’t want to get ahead of myself. This might sound crazy, but when you look at their positions, and you look at their ability, Ben Simmons– we’ve talked about Magic. Joel Embiid, he doesn’t play like him, but Kareem. Like, the big point guard and the–
COLIN COWHERD: OK, let’s slow down. That’s a little much.
– I said it’s a little far, but I’m saying, you’ve got the great point guard in the great center. Watch it in the future.
– Carson Wentz is Joe Montana. Nelson Agholor is Jerry Rice.
– But see, in a few years, everybody be like, Broussard was ahead of the curve.