Week eight saw some fantastic finishes and some wackiness. Here are my winners and losers:
- Seattle Seahawks: Down 38-34, quarterback Russell Wilson led his team down the field, throwing the game-winning 18-yard touchdown pass to tight end Jimmy Graham with 21 seconds left as the Seahawks defeated the Houston Texans 41-38 in a thriller.
- Buffalo Bills: Quarterback Tyrod Taylor threw for a touchdown. He also rushed for a touchdown. Running back LeSean McCoy rushed for 151 yards and a touchdown. The defense caused four turnovers including linebacker Matt Milano’s fumble return for a touchdown as the Bills dominated the Oakland Raiders 34-14. The Bills are 5-2, how many of you had that?
- Dallas Cowboys: Running back Ezekiel Elliott rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns. Safety Byron Jones had a pick six as the Cowboys held off the Washington Redskins 33-19.
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Wide receiver Juju Smith-Schuster had 193 receiving yards and a touchdown. Late defensive stops helped the Steelers held off the Detroit Lions 20-15.
- Houston Texans: Despite quarterback Deshaun Watson’s 402 yards and four touchdown passes, a questionable play call came back to bite the Texans in their loss to Seattle.
- Los Angeles Chargers: Penalties and their defense not being able to come off the field cost the Chargers in their loss to the New England Patriots 21-13.
- Miami Dolphins: They just couldn’t get their offense going in their shutout loss to the Baltimore Ravens 40-0.
- Detroit Lions: Settling for field goals came back to haunt the Lions in their loss to the Pittsburgh.
Storylines Going Into Week Nine:
Buffalo plays the New York Jets. Tennessee hosts Baltimore. Atlanta travels to Carolina. Jacksonville hosts Cincinnati. Washington goes to Seattle. Kansas City battles Dallas. Oakland meets Miami. In the NFC North, Green Bay hosts Detroit